Sunday, November 14, 2010

A Few of My Favorite Things

November 14, 2010


 My first blog :)  I'm about to turn 40 and I am trying to organize my mind....... I thought I would be more "put together" by now, but instead I feel like a scatterbrained 17 year old in a semi-aching body.  Soooo I figure, in my infinite wisdom of course, that if I start a blog maybe it will help me prioritize my life.  If you're like me, days fly by.  Get up, go to work, come home, take care of kids .......get up, go to work, come home....you get it.  Last time I checked the calender, I was turning 35, thinking I needed to start really living each day and not just "get by".  By the way, I hate the "double quotes".  The "double quotes" irritate me...so in Kirstieland, the "double quotes" are now BANNED!  What freedom! 


So, I have decided that the first thing I want to do to put some priority in my life, is actually decide what I like.  Sounds odd to make it to ALMOST forty and not have a clear cut idea of this in my mind.  However, like most moms, my day consists of providing my kids with what they need.....which is a great thing.  Somewhere in all of it though, I cant even remember if I ever enjoyed any independent pursuits.  Didnt I once like to read for hours?  I think I used to enjoy singing? Or was that my mom?  No, No, I am pretty sure I at least enjoyed listening to music that had an adult feel to it..... Hmmmmmm  Ok, its time to think.  Time for quiet reflection to come up with a

 LIST OF 10 THINGS I ENJOY THAT DO NOT INCLUDE MY KIDS:
 Here we go:
 1.  Reading.  Adult Books.  So, to refocus into my 40's....my new goal....Read at least 10 adult books this next year......maybe join a book club.....maybe START a book club??

2. Country music.  I love live concerts.  Goal.......go to one concert this year.

3.  Cooking new dishes.  This one should be easy with kids to feed, one would think.  However, not when the kids dont like NEW dishes.  Goal ....... this has to be realistic to count....two new dishes a month

4.  Crap...thats all Ive got right now....time for dinner..this isnt as easy as I thought it would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment